Update--January 2012

Happy January 2012, my dear readers!

See me snagging a few minutes to pop online for a quick update on my status.

I made it through 2011! I survived! I so need a t-shirt to commemorate that. And a bumper sticker.  And a bottle of Moscato wine--what can I say, I have a sweet tooth and expensive tastes (that one day I'll be able to afford).

FFnP Fantasy on the Bayou
 Writers' Conference New Orleans
 March 2-4, 2012
January so far has been an insanely busy month for me-what with the website overhaul (did it with a sledgehammer and I'm loving the changes), assisting my conference committee cohorts over at the FF&P group with coordinating the 2012 Fantasy on the Bayou Writers' Conference (check out the conference site I helped build at this  link and the awesome pic for it on the side that one of the volunteers whipped up for the event), developing my World Domination spiel's manifesto (and yes, that's still dominating my world, not yours), and planning my book production schedule for the year.


I can tell you that I've got revisions mapped out for KISS Guide to Formatting and will be updating it to include corrections, clarity, and additional information (like some explanations of HTML codes you can expect to see when you save a Word doc as web, filtered HTML) to the first edition of the book.

Also in the list is me locking myself in my office for a time to pump out a series of contemporary romance stories that I spent the holidays and then some incubating in my demented mind. Along with a historical manuscript that I'm within inches of revamping into what I originally intended it to be.

Oh, and I cannot forget the adventures of my persistent paranormal critters--I swear, they built a karaoke bar in my head that only allows songs that I should probably never admit to my friends that I know all the words to--I'd share the names of the songs, but then I'd have to disown ya... oh, okay, I give. This week, the six 'n' a half foot tall demigods in my demented imagination have been belting out Gordon Lightfoot... oh-mi-freaking-word, they started up again because... I can see her lyin' back in her satin dress in a room where you do what you don't confess... *groan* make it stop, please make it stop! Just for a few hours, because I so need sleep. please. i'm begging. pretty please... *sigh*

Yeah, it's great to be me. And on that note... I'm heading off to do the sleep to perchance to dream routine.
Y'all take care and don't let the imps of change bite!
Until next time...
~Elijana

Comments

Popular Posts