The week before NaNoWriMo

It's the week before NaNoWriMo starts and I've yet to map out the details I need in my plot. *sigh* It probably has everything to do with me getting right up to the end of edits with Lucien's book and before I could pull everything together had that... "this isn't strong enough motivation for this, that, and the other" epiphany.

So rather than shove my way through everything, I took some time to step back and re-evaluate Lucien's character. I now know why he does what he does. Which is awesome! He's coming across more alpha. Which just rocks! But he needs a rewrite. Which has me adjusting my release date.

But that's okay. I'll finish him then move on to revamping an old novel I've had for years called Laurel's Honor. I've got about 50K words written for that first ugly draft of Laurel's Honor, but a few months ago I sat down and really looked at the plot. I love the characters. But the original plot wasn't so great. Which means that I'll be rewriting it. During nano.

I have to say that I'm excited about rewriting both stories. Just as excited as I was to teach a class this week for my FFnP Peeps in the Nest Classroom on a plotting technique that I use to plot.  Oh and you better believe my plotting technique requires math and the use of a calculator--LOL, now if I could figure out how to design one that requires the use of a protractor... oh then I'd be cooking with some mad inner geek fire.

Yeah, and on that note of me making no sense at all... I'm heading offline to snatch some zzzzz's.
Catch y'all latah!
~Elijana

Comments

Popular Posts