Mercury in Retrograde

Today I decided I wanted to chat about something that makes my inner scientist go... hmmm. The topic that makes me cock my head to the side and scratch my noggin' is Astrology.

The whole concept of my life and world being impacted by the location of the stars, moon, and planets is just... interesting. I mean I get why the moon and its gravitational pull affects bodies of water and, considering that we humans are mostly water, it affects us as well. But why is Mercury the planet that deals with communication? Why are folks born under the Crab-Cancer sign considered to be homebodies while those of us born under the sign of Mars-Aries are considered to be headstrong, impetuous souls who dive headlong into one adventure after another?  And how come it works with alarming accuracy?!

I mean, come on... are the astrologers of the world trying to tell me that the reason that I have a hard time ordering food at the drive thru window is because Mercury is in retrograde? (According to Tarot.com, Mercury is in retrograde from March 12-April 4, FMI check out this link: http://beta.tarot.com/articles/horoscopes/mercury-retrograde-horoscopes-2012-in-aries-pisces) That my communication issues have nothing to do with my truck running a little louder than normal and my normally soft voice struggling to hit the right frequency that humans can hear with ease?

On any other day I would probably argue that astrology has no impact whatsoever on my life, but after re-examining an event that happened a few days ago... I'm beginning to wonder.

So no kidding there I was on the first leg of the journey up to Virginia and I'd stopped at a drive thru to get some quick grub for me and my pup in the back--her name is Lily and she's spoiled rotten as only a 12 year old pup (who has every reason to be a heroine to her own novel) can be. I have no problem ordering the snack and a cup of water (no ice) for the pup, then I say to the speaker that I want a hot dog--plain.

The speaker crackles back at me, "What?"
Hot dog, plain.
What?
A-hot-dog-plain.
A WHAT?!
I said, I WANT A HOT DOG, PLAIN! 
Okay, how do you want that hot dog?
Plain. 
How?
Plain!
HOW?
WITH KETCHUP!
Okay, one hot dog with ketchup. Anything else?
No.

If only my pain and suffering had ended there. *sigh* Because when I made it to the window, the person told me the amount and--me being a math savvy kind of gal noticed the amount was rather low considering I'd ordered food for the pup and myself--so I braced myself then asked...

Did you get the hot dog order?
The what?
The hot dog.
The WHAT?
The-hot-dog!
Oh. Um, no. What do you want on it?
*groan and thud as my head hits the steering wheel*

And that's when I knew without a doubt... mercury was full force in retrograde (MRx, as tarot.com calls it). For me. Not my Scorpio pup, but for me... a head strong, impetuous Aries who apparently was taking to heart her horoscope for this MRx which says...

"You might believe you're ready to take on the world, but when Mercury turns retrograde in your sign on March 12, you'll have to be content taking a few steps forward and several back. After March 23, when Mercury backtracks into Pisces and your 12th House of Subconscious, go into the deepest state of self-reflection you know how to induce, and consider what your true motivations are."

Yeah, well, apparently that day I was in dire need of taking a step back to examine my true motivations about what I really wanted on that hot dog. So the moral of the story... for me at least... the next time mercury is in retrograde and I'm at a drive thru... I'm parking and walking in with a pen and paper.

Until next time...
~Elijana



Comments

Popular Posts