Hello, Spring!

I'm so excited! Spring is here!!! Yay!!!!

As if looking at the calendar isn't enough, check out what bloomed last night in my front yard. That, my dear readers, is a Bradford Pear tree. The smelliest, stinkiest tree I have ever had the misfortune to meet. Lucky me has two of them in the front yard. Both just as big (and both in need of some pruning).

Oh don't get me wrong, I think they're beautiful. I love the way they look when I'm standing on the street looking up at the homestead, but oh-mi-word... do they stink when they bloom.

Which explains why I've been hanging out on the back porch (where there are no Bradford pear trees) working on the next manuscript... NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.

Yesterday's writing extravaganza exceeded my expectations--yay, me! I eeked out about 3,000 words on the laptop and about another 3K on paper. Today's fun with wordsmithing is rocking and rolling as well... so far on paper (and soon to be on the computer) I've managed probably around another 3-4K.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. A few more thousand words and then I'll be done, done, done with this draft.   I can't wait. 

So on that note, I'm off to grab some grub then get back to work.  Then after that I have homework to tackle. Then after that... well, you get the idea. lol. Until next time... Take care and--oh dear, I almost forgot again to mention something I meant to mention on the previous posts.

I tweaked the comment tool on the website. Now you'll be able to leave comments on posts using your facebook account. I'm giving the facebook commenting tool a trial run. So if you're looking for a way to comment... just click the link to today's post (Hello, Spring!), the page will reload and when you scroll down to the bottom of today's post you should see a facebook comment box. So far I've noticed that the comment box is post/link specific and won't show up when there are no comments when you load the main website (elijanakindel.com). Kind of sucks, but it's an experiment and that always makes my inner geek happy.
That and like I said, I'm giving it a trial run. I'll reevaluate things in about a month (gracious that seems so far away) and do what needs to be done.

Okay and on that note... I'm off for food and then back to the manuscript! Take care and have a great day!
~Elijana

PS-Feel free to pass the word along that I've got my first book, Emily's Affair, up on Amazon for a month long celebration. The price is discounted to $0.99... so if you haven't snagged yourself a copy, this would be the month to do it. Because once April Fool's day hits... the price goes back up. Happy Spring!

Comments

Popular Posts