Taking it outside...

So a while back--when the kidlet got an ipod for Xmas--I linked it to my iPhone. That way I can keep track of what she's got going on in her pre-teen  world. Pretty cool, huh? Yeah, it helps me sleep at night. ;-)

But one of the things that shocked the daylights out of me was her snapping pictures of sayings like the one on the left. Seriously? My kid snapped that pic? Of that quote?



OMFG, she really has been listening to me.

Of course, when I questioned her on the pic, she explained that she thought it was funny... then she said:
     But I don't get one thing.
     What's that? I asked.
     Why did they say Blackberry? Why didn't they just say jelly?
     Well, it's a reference to---
     And why pick blackberry? Everyone knows that grape jelly is the best.
     Um, well, uh---
     And, mama, whoever made that picture wasn't very smart, because jelly and computers don't go together. I know, because a blob dropped onto the keyboard and it made it real sticky. So can I use your wireless keyboard? Oh and mama...? I'm hungry.

Naturally that entire conversation spanned maybe 3 seconds, because... yep, you guessed it. My kidlet is a talker. Honestly, she'd make a great lawyer. hehe, actually, she just might be the only kid in her age block in the county who recognizes the Perry Mason theme song and has watched more than a few episodes. Thank you, MeTV.

But the best part about her having found that pic... since then she's spent less time on the computer and more time out back on the swing set... which is just awesome.

Granted all that fresh air has kicked up her already bottomless pit metabolism, but hey... I'm good as long as she keeps her peanut butter and jelly sandwiches away from... MY laptop. ;-)

Until next time... happy reading and happy Spring!
~Elijana

Popular Posts