Loving the Insanity

For those poor souls who have ever had the privilege of working in a mundane workplace with my author, you won't be surprised by this post. For those who haven't, I can honestly say that I have never in all my thousands of years as a muse worked with someone who thrives off of chaos, deadlines, and adrenaline spikes... like my author does.  After working with her for quite a number of years now, I can honestly say that there is some serious truth to her motto: I get in trouble when I'm bored.

Now why would I pop on to say this? Because my author has taken measures to make sure she doesn't get bored. Which is great. But good googly moogly, does she have to grin and cackle with her chosen form of driving me, her magnificent muse, crazy?  What has she done?  Oh nothing much other than embracing her long lost roots as a techie geek.  She's found Joomla. Zeus, save us all. Because for those of you who don't know, once upon a time in a decade long past when HTML was barely a twinkle in the eyes of the world wide web, this here author thrived as an SGML editor and trainer. Would you believe that she thought of it as fun? And that she used to sit there with her headphones on listening to a BBC production of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy happily laughing and tagging away?

And now she's gone and embraced Joomla. And fat cows.  See me smoting my forehead.

But the point to this is... my author is loving the insanity. The Joomla and web site she's plotting and planning is distracting her logical mind from the creative side and actually motivating her to write more.  And giving her some sparks of inspiration for the hot cover of the next book she's working on.  Which is good news for my sanity.  Bad news for those people around her who don't know how to deal with the power house that is my writer in a zone. Ah well, they'll learn. LOL

So an update on the next book, Seducing Elise... first two chapters are revised, word count is up to
57, 932, and she's got 5 scenes to go (at last count).  Update on the books that come after this one... Dragon's Katana is still sitting at 108K words with the final scenes (3, oh yeah, count 'em, baby, three whole freaking scenes) in the book fleshed out in technicolor in her crazy mind. Then that monster of a historical romance goes into revision. (Can I get an about time? Oh yeah, I heard it. Thanks. ;o) And along the way, we're doing a workshop in August and getting back to book one in her paranormal series.

And if that isn't enough... just consider all the housework and mama duty she's juggling at the same time.  Like I said, she's loving the insanity. LOL, go figure.

Until next time... happy reading, writing, and musing!
Take care!
~EK

Comments

Popular Posts