4K a day Writing Challenge--Starting Line

I'm taking a workshop right now (Book Factory Method) that is taught by the incredibly talented and gifted, Kerri Nelson.  Kerri is one of those folks that I totally respect because she has the goal, motivation, and know-how-to wrangle-in conflicts that could impede her writing progress/schedule.

That and she's a great presenter for workshops and gives individual feedback which is uber valuable to any writer. (And no, I'm not getting any sort of promotional fee for mentioning this, because it's my very own opinion having taken a class from her before.)

So back to my point... As I was scrolling through my emails this morning, writing my daily to-do list, I noticed that Kerri has tossed out a write 4K words a day challenge for next week (check it out here: Kerri's Blog).  I thought about it for like thirty seconds, looked at my to-do list for the current manuscript, then said... aw, what the hell. I'm in.

So, bottom line... I've signed up for the challenge.  I'll be posting my progress and that of the current manuscript each day. Add to that that I've got a busy week scheduled outside of my finish the damn book quest and you have me chuckling while imagining the insanity that's likely to occur over the course of this week.  Which brings me to the first installment of me doing a 4K challenge... a snapshot of where I am right now on the next book.

Manipulating The Masters Series--Book One: Lucien
--Completed first round of painful edits and snipping scenes--word count dropped from 58, 936 to 48,644.
--Manuscript has been broken down into sections, scenes to be added have been identified
--Today's to-do list has been updated to buy carrots, powdered donuts, and Dr. Pepper to keep the muse happy and on track.

Now if I could just get the muse to chill out for a few days on talking to me about the next book on the to do list... well, then I'd be golden. *grin*

Until next time...happy reading, writing, and musing!
~EK

Comments

Popular Posts