Day 1: 4K Challenge

See me grumbling and complaining because I didn't make my 4K target today.  And I sooo wanted to do it. But life and other schtuff happened today.  Which happens, but it doesn't make my inner writer and inner, loves-beating-a-challenge, Aries happy.

So how did my day go?

The morning hours were filled with... getting the kidlet up and ready for summer day camp, fiddling with internet connection after power went out last night during a lovely thunderstorm, emailing a response about a lucrative contract job, doing homework for a webinar, writing more on a cool blog post for Paranormal Freebies, going back to summer day camp to pick up sick kidlet, and jotting down notes for writing challenge.

Afternoon hours included... attending webinar from 1-3PM, scribbling down brain dump of info from said webinar, quick check of emails, following up on promotion activities and important emails, mama duty with the sick kidlet, and jotting down more notes for blog and planned writing this evening.

Evening hours... life in the homestead started getting sane around 9PM. Okay, well everyone but me was doing the Life is Good routine.  I'd have loved to do the Life is Good routine had I completed my challenge.  And finished off the blog post. But I didn't. And I'm tired. *sigh*

Which brings me to the total word count for today.
449 words for the manuscript.
239 words for the blog.

Argh, I didn't even break a thousand between all of them. But I bet you if I include all the words I wrote in the webinar, emails, and promotional notes that I wrote today you'd see that I wrote over 10K today.  Too bad all that extra stuff won't help me get this damn book written.

But hey, I shouldn't be all doom and gloom with a hefty dose of piss and vinegar, right? I mean I wrote words in the novel. And a novel can be written one word at a time. Granted the less words you write at a time, then the longer it takes... but it's all progress, right? Right?  Come on, please, somebody say RIGHT.

Whew, I heard it.  Yeah, I heard you, over there, in the back by the cookie jar.  THANK YOU. LOL, now for a reward you can take that cookie jar and keep it away from me. No seriously, take it and these powdered donuts, because I sooo do NOT want to gain any weight that would force me to go out and shop for new clothes. Yeah, I know shopping for clothes is fun. For other people. Call me when it's time to go shopping for shoes and then we can talk.

On deck for tomorrow is me changing up the routine and running an experiment to get my productivity and word count up.

Until then... take care and happy reading, writing, and musing!
~EK

Comments

Popular Posts