Self Pub Adventure--July 2011 Sales Figures

I debated whether or not to follow some of my colleagues in this self publishing adventure and give some transparency to my mad capped journey down this sometimes bumpy road.  It took me a few days, but I decided I'd do it.  Then of course I had to drag myself away from my busy schedule to work in a post... and here I am.

How am I doing on this adventure in self publishing land?

OMFG, the learning curve is steep. I have learned more about the publishing industry and marketing of books in a digital realm than I ever thought I could. And I'm still learning.  I swear, there are moments when I think my brain is gonna explode. But *grin* I'm loving it.

Before I start to digress into what would no doubt turn out to be a brain dump of everything I've learned so far and what I'm working on learning next... here are some figures on my first book, Emily's Affair.

Amazon (Date book went live: July 18, 2011):
36 copies sold

Smashwords (Date book went live: July 20, 2011):
8 copies sold

Barnes and Noble (Date book went live: July 21, 2011):
12 copies sold

Total for Emily's Affair in July 2011: 56 books sold

Am I happy with these figures?  Yeah, I am. I am very happy. This is an awesome start to what I envision to be an awesome career. Add to that that I've continued to sell more copies of this book in August and you see a very happy and proud writer.  

So here's what we have to look forward to...  my production schedule for August-September 2011.

Contemporary:
Book One in the Manipulating The Masters Series: Lucien
(Target Available Date: Mid-August)

Paranormal:
Book One in The Tales of WOE (Warriors of Eros) Series: Blood Rank
(Target Available Date: Late August-Early September)

And yeah, I've got more coming right on the heels of those listed above.  So hang in there and be patient with me, because the WOE Series has at least 11 books in it and I've mapped them all out. Now all I have to do is write them.

Until next time... happy musing, writing, and reading!
~EK

Comments

Magda Alexander said…
Fabulous, Elijana! Those are some really great figures. You have a great cover and a great book description. The sample of your book drew me in. You're firing on all cylinders!
Brinda said…
Thanks so much for posting your experience. It's good to hear that writers are able to do it on their own and are doing well.
Bev Pettersen said…
Congratulations, Elijana. That looks fabulous. You're off to a good start, and with more books coming so quickly, you're smoking. "The learning curve is steep" - I'm finding the same thing but like you said, wow, it's fun. Thanks for sharing.
Elijana Kindel said…
Magda--Firing on all cylinders--woohooo! Thanks! To be honest I had no clue what to expect when I put this book out there, but I am pleased with how it's going. As long as folks enjoy what I write, then I'm happy. Because that is what motivates me as a writer--to entertain my readers. ;o)
Thanks for stopping by~
EK
Elijana Kindel said…
Brinda--My pleasure and I'm glad you enjoyed seeing the figures! It's never easy to embark on the entrepreneurial path, but armed with the right information, the motivation for success, and a product... well, the sky is the limit. ;o)
Take care and thanks for stopping by!
~EK
Elijana Kindel said…
Thanks, Bev! *hugs*
The production schedule is slammed pack full with books I've had written (but waiting and looking for a home) since the mid to late 1990s. Having those on hand, but in need of minor to major revisions or edits has helped me line up what comes next. LOL and the problem I have is how many series to start--because I've got about 5 of them mapped out and written to varying degrees. So all I need is the time to finish them. And yeah, I am still getting new ideas so all in all I'd have to say that life is good. ;)

The learning curve is steep--amen to that, but thank goodness the indie/self published folks is a friendly group chocked full of authors who aren't afraid to share their knowledge or experience. And they make a great support network.

Thanks for stoppping by and take care!
~EK
Shelley Munro said…
Thanks so much for sharing your journey to date, and congratulations! I hope to follow in your footsteps soon. It's certainly a fascinating time to be in publishing.
Congrats on your success! The journey is just beginning. Imagine what else is possible?!!

Live with passion,

Doctor Charley
Author: BDSM FOR WRITERS
BDSM THE NAKED TRUTH
Elijana Kindel said…
Shelley--That's awesome that you're contemplating the self pub adventure! I wish you the best of luck and forging your own path! I've got a slew of links and sites that I'd be more than happy to pass along to you, but for now I'll recommend just one that has a wealth of info http://thewritersguidetoepublishing.com/

Good luck on your journey and thanks again for stopping by!
~EK
Elijana Kindel said…
Dr. Charley---hehehe, you said 'Imagine what else is possible'. Well, it just so happens that I read on a blog or post somewhere that Bob Mayer sells about 2,500 ebooks a day. I like those figures. I like them a LOT. And my inner Aries is grinning, because she's got herself a target to exceed and some motivation to get me chugging on creating my back, front, and current list. ;o)

btw, if I haven't mentioned it on the blog, which I haven't if the memory is working right... I don't write BDSM per se, but I find the dynamics of the BDSM relationship totally fascinating. My fascination has everything to do with the power exchange and the trust aspect. LOL, and that has everythng to do with my love of writing characters with warrior and waif archetypes. ;o)

Take care and thanks for stopping by!
~EK

Popular Posts